Installing Rockbox on the Sansa Fuze v1 on Linux or Mac OS X
Download the file rockbox-fuze.zip
- Extract the Rockbox-fuze.zip at the root of your drive.
- Create a directory rbinstalldans your personal year typing in a console:
mkdir ~ / rbinstall
- Move mkamsboot (or mkamsboot.dmg as appropriate) and bootloader-fuze.sansa then unzip the original firmware in that folder.
- Open a new terminal and then go to the folder by typing :
cd ~ / rbinstall [ENTER]
. / Bootloader-mkamsboot fuzeA.bin fuze.sansa fuze.bin [ENTER]
- Copy the resulting file (fuze.bin) to the root of your drive and rename it fuzeA.bin.
Disconnect your player and wait for your drive and restart the update. Once installed, your player will turn off automatically. You will just turn it on and you can use Rockbox!